How to Clean your Sand Filter
How to Clean your Sand Filter using a Filter Cleaner Solution
Sani Marc Filter Cleaner, removes dirt, scale, rust, body oils and cosmetics residues accumulated in filtration sand, helps increase the filtration performances and the life expectancy of the sand (normally 4 to 5 years).
- Raise the pool water to the maximum level above the skimmer.
- Stop the pump and make sure the skimmer basket is clean and empty.
- Remove the excess water from the pump basket to ensure when the product is added there is no spillage or loss of the cleaning product.
- When the filter is located close to the skimmer, pour the contents of the bottle into the skimmer with the filter in the filter position. Start the pump and let run 5 seconds then stop. When the filter is located far from skimmer, pour the contents of bottle in the pump basket, close the lid and run pump until coloured liquid is gone and water is clear then stop it.
- Let it stand for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours change the position of the filter to “Backwash”, start the pump and let it run for 2 to 4 minutes. Stop the pump, put the filtration system on rinse for a minute, then return to the put the filtration system back to the “Filter” position and restart.